POSITION: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Pro Shop Team Lead
WAGE: 15.55/hour (Based on experience)
LOCATION: 104 Belleau Lake Road
SUMMARY: The Guest Services Participate in all activities related to outside member/guest services. Activities include serving as a valet in the bag drop area and parking lot, loading and unloading golf bags, transporting golf bags from the parking lot and/or bag storage area to and from golf carts, cleaning clubs, transporting, staging and/or returning golf cars from cart storage facility, performing practice range duties, cleaning and maintaining golf cars, etc. Responsibilities also include greeting and interacting with members/guests and providing information and/or assistance as appropriate.
DUTIES & RELATED TASKS:
• Ensure that carts are clean, operating properly and are equipped with pencils, scorecards, cart signs, etc. Report any repair problems to the supervisor and cart mechanic.
• Greet and interact with members/guests at bag drop, assist in removing golf bags from cars, carrying club, and providing information, directions and/or assistance as appropriate.
• Communicate with the Golf Shop, receive the day’s instructions and tee sheet. Be aware which hole (1 or 10) will be used to start each day. Once you are set to begin the day remove member’s golf bags and have them ready on the carts in the appropriate order. Ensure the cart used is noted on the tee sheet for each tee time.
• Be aware of starting times (especially when there are no marshals scheduled) and crossing times. Pace of play is extremely important, and the Shop staff will be requesting regular updates.
• Transport golf bags from the bag drop area or bag storage room and load onto appropriate golf carts.
• Assist golf shop staff in preparing for and running tournaments, clinics and other special events.
• Return golf cars to the cart storage area. Remove trash from carts, wash carts, park carts.
• Monitor driving range throughout the day. Ensure all baskets are returned and balls left behind are returned to proper areas. The range should be monitored minimum once every hour throughout the day.
• Hand picks the driving range as needed in the areas that are not accessible to the range cart.
• Picks driving range completely on designated day after range is closed in order for the maintenance department to mow this area on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for ensuring clubhouse garbage is removed from the clubhouse garbage container at the close of every shift.
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
• Must have pleasant, courteous, and professional personality to deliver quality customer service;
• Must have knowledge of the rules of golf and golf etiquette;
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and professional demeanor;
• Ability to work under pressure and a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
• Ability to make every customer feel more welcome at our course than anywhere else.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and/or shift work.
• Must be willing to provide a CPIC as condition of employment and be free of criminal record.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Preference will be given to GRFN Band Members.
Interested applicants can email or drop off their cover letter and detailed resume
Please address the envelope and/or email “Guest Services-2022-36” and submit to:
March 31, 2022
Garden River Golf Resorts – Silver Creek
104 Belleau Lake Road (in-person)
Garden River, ON P6A 6Z3