POSITION: Pro Shop Associate
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Pro Shop Team Lead
WAGE: 15.55/hour (Based on experience)
LOCATION: 104 Belleau Lake Road
SUMMARY: The Pro Shop Associate is responsible for greeting all guests as they arrive in the Pro Shop. The Pro Shop Associate is responsible for all golf related operations including registration, tee times, pro shop sales and scheduling tee times.
DUTIES & RELATED TASKS:
• Answers and directs all incoming calls, takes messages when appropriate
• Greets and directs all visitors; asks all players (even members) to sign in
• Informs players of course conditions and daily cart rules (including weather)
• Readies golf carts for rental to customers
• Maintains a constant presence in the pro shop
• Monitors restrooms every hour
• Empties trash throughout clubhouse daily, sweeps floors, etc.
• Dusts pro shop, cleans stock, ensures all surfaces and displays are clean and attractive
• Empties trash from and returns carts to storage at end of shift; if needed, washes mud from cart
• Tracks carts and players to determine who is left on course
• Immediately notifies Manager if a customer is unhappy or if there is a problem on the course
• Knowledge of golf rates, programs, and membership options
• Constant communication with guest services to ensure pace of play is monitored
• Assisting with event set up and take down
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Must have pleasant, courteous, and professional personality to deliver quality customer service;
• Must have knowledge of the rules of golf and golf etiquette;
• Ability to handle cash accurately and thoroughly;
• Knowledge of POS System an asset;
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and professional demeanor;
• Ability to work under pressure and a fast-paced environment.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and/or shift work.
• Must be willing to provide a CPIC as condition of employment and be free of criminal record.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Preference will be given to GRFN Band Members.
Interested applicants can email or drop off their cover letter and detailed resume
Please address the envelope and/or email “Pro Shop-2022-40” and submit to:
March 31, 2022
Garden River Golf Resorts – Silver Creek
104 Belleau Lake Road (in-person)
Garden River, ON P6A 6Z3