CALL OUT FOR VOULENTEERS
INVITATION: SEEKING THREE (3) TRIBUNAL MEMBERS
ORGANIZATION: GARDEN RIVER FIRST NATION
DURATION: TWO (2) – THREE (3) YEARS
LOCATION: GARDEN RIVER FIRST NATION ADMINISTRATION
*GARDEN RIVER MEMBERS ONLY*
The Chief and Council shall appoint a three-person membership Tribunal from among the original category of members who are registered with the Garden River First Nation. The Membership Tribunal shall review appeals of applicants whose membership applications have been rejected by the Chief and Council. The Membership Tribunal shall be governed by conditions established for membership, and shall recognize the right to life, liberty and human rights of the person applying for membership. The term of office of the Membership Tribunal shall be established by the Chief and Council as per the Citizenship Registry Regulations of the Garden River First Nation #14.
Responsibilities of the Membership Tribunal
1. Shall review appeals as per the Citizenship Registry Regulations of the Garden River First Nation #14
2. Shall abide by the regulations outlined in the Citizenship Registry Regulations and shall implement the rules for all the appeals 3. Provide fair and accessible dispute resolution for applicants
4. Conduct and represent Garden River First Nation with integrity and honesty
5. Hours of work may vary and will be dependent on the number of appeals filed
Skills and Qualifications
• Must be a Garden River First Nation band member
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must provide a clean criminal records check.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Garden River First Nation Citizenship Registry Regulations and policies and procedures
• Express awareness and understanding of First Nation values, culture and traditions
• Demonstrate a minimum of one year knowledge on board/committee and tribunal activities.
Interested volunteers can email or drop off their letter of interest, cover letter, resume, and three references by Monday, March 13th, 2023 @ 4:30pm.
Please address the envelope and/or email “Tribunal 2023-11” and submit to:
Garden River First Nation,
7 Shingwauk Street,
Garden River, ON