POSITION: Turf Care Grounds Crew
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Pro Shop Team Lead
WAGE: 15.55/hour (Based on experience)
SUMMARY: The Turf Care Grounds Crew Member is responsible for the daily management of all outside operations on the gold course. This includes, but not limited to golf course maintenance, golf cart maintenance and other duties as assigned
DUTIES & RELATED TASKS:
• Apply appropriate regulations, guidelines and policies to workplace settings;
• Identify practices necessary for day-to-day maintenance of a golfing operation, including environmental concerns;
• Identify issues around construction of golf courses and related facilities;
• Apply turf management and golf course construction principles;
• Train in the organization of maintenance projects gaining knowledge pertaining to irrigation, turf maintenance, equipment maintenance and environmental safety;
• Perform all golf course maintenance tasks with the exception of the Specialized Staff duties;
• Mowing, hand watering, garbage collection, course setup, course clean up, bunker raking and maintenance, dew removal, clipping removal, leaf removal, fly mowing, cart path repair and maintenance;
• Monitoring all golfers to ensure that they adhere to on course rules and etiquette such as replacing divots, wearing proper clothing, and practicing at designated sites;
• Ensuring that golfers are provided with assistance of any kind when needed;
• Performs duties as starter when required by schedule;
• Receives and responds to complaints from golfers and immediately notifies a Supervisor or Manager if a customer is unhappy or if there is a problem on the course;
• Cleans and re-fuels all golf carts and mowing equipment;
• Work is performed in all types of weather conditions. Work is physically demanding and may involve walking, heavy lifting, prolonged bending. Crouching and kneeling
• Must have pleasant, courteous, and professional personality to deliver quality customer service;
• Must have knowledge of the rules of golf and golf etiquette;
• Excellent communication skills, positive attitude, and professional demeanor;
• Ability to work under pressure and a fast-paced environment.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and/or shift work.
• Must be willing to provide a CPIC as condition of employment and be free of criminal record.
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
• Preference will be given to GRFN Band Members.
Interested applicants can email or drop off their cover letter and detailed resume
Please address the envelope and/or email “Turf Crew-2022-37” and submit to:
March 31, 2022
Garden River Golf Resorts – Silver Creek
104 Belleau Lake Road (in-person)
Garden River, ON P6A 6Z3